The Polyurethane is one of silicone rubber, also abbreviation PU or PUR .Because of its high strength, large elasticity, small deformation, good telescopic force and so on. It’s widely used in CNC Machining and Stamping industrial.
The wear resistance of polyurethane is particularly good, which is about 3-5 times as high as that of ordinary silicone rubber, so it is known as "Wear-resistant Rubber". The oil resistance of polyurethane rubber is about 5 or 6 times that of ordinary silicone rubber, and with good atmospheric aging resistance, so it is could be used for stamping. The service life of sheet metal process equipment is much longer than that of natural rubber.
The main characteristic of Polyurethane:
1. Wide range of hardness, the hardness range is Shore A hardness 10 ~ Shore A hardness 80.
2. High strength. Breaking strength and bearing capacity are much higher than ordinary silicone rubber.
3. The wear resistance of polyurethane is particularly good, generally in the range of 0.01-0.10 (cm3) / 1.61km, which is about 3-5 times as high as that of ordinary silicone rubber.
4. Oil resistance. Polyurethane is a kind of strong polar polymer compound, which almost uncorroded in fuel oil and mechanical oil.
5. Good machining performance. (Turning, Milling, Grinding, Drilling)
6. High elasticity and low compression permanent deformation rate.
7. Excellent low temperature performance
8. Excellent anti-vibration performance, can be used to reduce vibration, buffer effect. In mold manufacturing, replace rubber and spring.